
St Osyth Priory (HE)
West Field Lane, St Osyth CO16 8GW, East of England
URPoint Details
St Osyth's was founded in 1127 for the Augustinian canons by the Bishop of London. Later it became an abbey, dissolved in 1539 and became a private property.
It is set in beautiful grounds, with parklands and gardens where deer and peacocks roam free.
The Gatehouse, built of Flint was completed in 1475 and contains a fine collection of Jade and Ceramics.
- Type:
- Landmark
Map Location
West Field Lane, St Osyth CO16 8GW, East of England